Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obstructed horizon export possible?
Question 
Hi, is it possible to export the obstructed horizon line, I ask, because I want to use the same in line in e.g. stellarium,
Thanks for the help.
Hello,

Export of the obstructed horizon is not available at this time. Can your other software import it? What is the format for the import?
Clear skies,
Greg
Head Dude at Skyhound
(2022-09-07, 02:05 PM)oric_astro Wrote: Hi, is it possible to export the obstructed horizon line, I ask, because I want to use the same in line in e.g. stellarium,
Thanks for the help 

I use the same txt file of azimuth/altitude values for both Skytools and Stellarium. The only difference is that Stellarium also requires a landscape.ini file, and both files need to zipped together for loading into Stellarium.

Frank
(2022-09-07, 02:05 PM)oric_astro Wrote: Hi, is it possible to export the obstructed horizon line, I ask, because I want to use the same in line in e.g. stellarium,
Thanks for the help.

There is an app on iOS that allows you to create a azimuth and altitude file referenced to true north. Its similar to what you can do in Skytools.

Patriot Astro made a video of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq3RovtMggc

Might be handy. I have just spent a couple of hours creating a horizon using liveview on my camera while remotely connected to my mount.

I'm going to try looking at the overhead sky view, copy some of the coordinates by hand and create this for some other planetarium programs, can't see why it wont work.
Hello,
for android users there exist apps too. I have used Geocam for me:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...zar.geocam

You can turn around centering to your horizon line from your observing position and a video is created with direction and azimuth. With this information you can create the txt file that you can use for stellarium, ST4 or NINA.

CS
Markus