Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Info On Star
What is the procedure to get info on a star at the center of an open cluster? I tried the zoom but still get the info on the open cluster unless zoomed in very deep where only the star is visible on the IA. Is that the norm?
Have you tried zooming in close enough to put the cursor over the desired star & hitting the 'Home' shortcut key to open the OI?

That usually works for me.

Which OC are you interested in?

Phil S.
It was the 2nd mag star at the center of IC2602. I had to keep zooming in until IC2602 outline was not in the FOV and then ID the star using the numerous controls for OI. Usually right click, then left on "Object Info". When I hit the "Home" key, it simply centers the cursor position. Phil, thanks for the hint. Hovering and hitting "Insert" does the trick. It's such a bright star that maybe the pixels/cursor are confused. Anyway, thanks again.
Its not that the star is bright, its that the position of the cluster is almost the same as the position of the star. So when you place your cursor over it, it can get the center of the cluster instead (marked as a + symbol). Here's the trick, which will work even when zoomed out: move your mouse slowly to the left or right, and the star will appear (in the bottom left) rather than the cluster. Then you can right-click or double-click to see the info.
Clear skies,
Greg
Head Dude at Skyhound
In post #2 I said use the 'Home' key. That's incorrect, the key you want is the 'Insert' key as you learned. My fingers know which is the correct key, fortunately.

Sorry about the error.

Phil S.
Thanks Technoking. The slow hand works. And Phil, if it's the only error you make this month, you're the "Man"!
Thanks, BMD. As it's Oct 29 today, I've already made a bunch of errors this month  Wink.