Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telescope Position Crosshairs on IA Chart
I have ST4 Visual configured to audible say when the scope is slewing to a target, when the slew is complete, and when I have synced the scope to the cursor position.  But I cannot get the scope's position to show up with crosshairs on the IA chart like with ST3 PRO.  I would appreciate learning what I am missing in regards to the settings.

Yours truly,

Jack Huerkamp
Hi Jack,

Have you checked the box for the crosshairs in the IA View dialog panel? Can you post a screenshot of that dialog to show what's checked? It would help a lot.

Just Clk the View button at the top of the IA to open the dialog box.

TIA,

Phil S.
Hello Jack,

The telescope cross hairs are controlled via the Eyepiece Viewer, so you need to open that and change some settings to make it visible.

Phil, the telescope position cross hairs are not the same thing as the target cross hairs and there is no preferences setting for them.

1. Connect to the telescope mount
2. Open the IA
3. Click on Eyepiece View
4. To the right of "Lock to" select "Telescope"
5. Right-click on the atlas background and select Center Chart at scope position. This will show you what you will see when the Eyepiece View is open. It should display an eyepiece field of view circle.
6. To reset back to the cross hairs, close the Interactive Atlas, open it to the current target object, but don't open the Eyepiece View. You should see the blinking cross hairs at the position of the telescope.
Clear skies,
Greg
Head Dude at Skyhound
Thanks, Greg.

As usual, he Technoking has the answer Wink.

Phil S.
(2021-08-09, 03:47 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Hello Jack,

The telescope cross hairs are controlled via the Eyepiece Viewer, so you need to open that and change some settings to make it visible.

Phil, the telescope position cross hairs are not the same thing as the target cross hairs and there is no preferences setting for them.

1. Connect to the telescope mount
2. Open the IA
3. Click on Eyepiece View
4. To the right of "Lock to" select "Telescope"
5. Right-click on the atlas background and select Center Chart at scope position. This will show you what you will see when the Eyepiece View is open. It should display an eyepiece field of view circle.
6. To reset back to the cross hairs, close the Interactive Atlas, open it to the current target object, but don't open the Eyepiece View. You should see the blinking cross hairs at the position of the telescope.

1. Connect to the telescope mount – Done

2. Open the IA – Done

3. Click on Eyepiece View – Done

4. To the right of "Lock to" select "Telescope" – IA is centered on Venus with the Antares W70 25mm eyepiece FOV circle showing. Eyepiece Viewer is Locked to Telescope and is centered on Venus in Taurus.
5. Right-click on the atlas background and select Center Chart at position. scope – Done and IA moves to a position in Leo. The Eyepiece Viewer stays on Venus.
This will show you what you will see when the Eyepiece View is open. It should display an eyepiece field of view circle.- No Eyepiece FOV Circle seen in the IA When Eyepiece Viewer is opened, it is still centered on Venus.

6. To reset back to the cross hairs, close the Interactive Atlas, open it to the current target object, but don't open the Eyepiece View. You should see the blinking cross hairs at the position of the telescope. – Closed Eyepiece Viewer and IA. Reopened only IA – no blinking cross hairs.
Jack

Jack's Astro Accessories LLC
38388 Pine Street
Pearl River, LA 70452-5192
985-863-2165 (Home)
985-445-5063 (Cellular)
www.MallinCamUSA.com
MallinCamUSA@gmail.com
Hello Jack,

You said " Right-click on the atlas background and select Center Chart at position" but the instruction was to "Right-click on the atlas background and select Center scope at position"

The behavior you describe sounds like you sent the chart to to the position you clicked on in Leo? Or was that where the scope was at?
Clear skies,
Greg
Head Dude at Skyhound
(2021-08-10, 07:15 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Hello Jack,

You said " Right-click on the atlas background and select Center Chart at position" but the instruction was to "Right-click on the atlas background and select Center scope at position"

The behavior you describe sounds like you sent the chart to to the position you clicked on in Leo? Or was that where the scope was at?

The scope was on Venus.  It is cloudy/rainy or I would try the procedure again.

Yours truly,

Jack
Hi Jack,

I've seen the cross hairs become stuck in the off position a couple of times, but I wasn't able to figure out what happened. The procedure I recommended was designed to reset things.

We will be doing a short beta test of the updated Real Time soon, and I will put this on the agenda. If you want to participate in the test, send me a private message.
Clear skies,
Greg
Head Dude at Skyhound