Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St4i 4.0d Image Scale Grade issue
Hi Greg C.,

I just tested the Image Scale fix in ST4.0e Imaging using two of my photography based Imaging Systems and there still looks like there's something wrong with Grade. I've attached some screenshots that demonstrate the issue. Galaxies, planetary nebulae and emission nebulae look fixed, but star clusters (open and globular) can show the dashes instead of the expected Grade letter. The lens focal length and camera sensor size both affect the behavior of the Grade letter. For the full frame DSLR camera (5D4) using a lens 200mm or shorter the star clusters have dashes while for the 400mm lens all objects on the Target List receive a Grade letter as expected. For a crop sensor camera (7D2) the cutoff is between 135mm (dashes) and 200mm (correct function). An imaging system using a 1m focal length OTA as the imaging objective also works correctly for both DSLR cameras.

Since I don't have any Imaging Systems that use conventional astro cameras, I didn't check them. I also didn't check the behavior of the iTelescope systems, although I can if you like.

Let me know if you need more information,

Phil S.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
St4i 4.0d Image Scale Grade issue - by gregwjones - 2019-06-29, 05:14 PM
RE: St4i 4.0d Image Scale Grade issue - by PMSchu - 2019-06-29, 11:44 PM
RE: St4i 4.0d Image Scale Grade issue - by PMSchu - 2019-07-05, 10:02 PM