Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DB Power Search and Constellation Filter
Thanks Dennis,

This gives me something to go on. I wouldn't spend time trying ST3. SkyTools isn't sensitive to the computer or OS you are running. If I can't reproduce the problem it will be more likely that your ST4 minor planet database is corrupted. But for the moment, I can't see why that would cause the behavior you are seeing where it works once.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Hi Denis,

I just successfully reproduced the problem by running it a second time. That was a great tip. Thanks! No further help is necessary at this point. I m working on a fix.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
That's great news Greg, I just ran a few more ST4 tests and was able to replicate the problem too.

Note that I did NOT press the "Reset" button between 1st and consecutive searches, I just re-selected user input criteria.

Cheers

Dennis

PS - I also did a fresh download of the full ASTORB database on my ST3 and ST4 installations on my Desktop PC and Notebook PC prior to testing just to establish that I was starting from a good baseline.
PPS - thanks also for the advice to terminate my further testing, although I enjoy it and invariably learn much more about SkyTools when I test it, I now have a free morning.