Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current list issues with ST3
I have verified that I did forget to update the text file that tells that last date of update, but I did fix it and upload a new one.

As far as the actual lists go, I have verified that they are Nov 1. Are you saying they are not?
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Wow. I just looked on the server and the Nov lists were not there. Yet I verified that they were uploaded and updated my personal ST3 with the Nov lists. I think this is the third time this exact same thing has happened, and I am at a complete loss to explain it. It appears as if my changes are being undone on the server. I uploaded them again, and hopefully they will work properly now. Thanks for reporting this!
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Hi Greg - yes that seems to have worked and the lists now show 1st Nov for comets and Minor planets.. Thanks
When I update by Observing List, ST3 shows all lists updated, but the List dropdown only shows Minor Planers and Novae--no Comets. Can you check?

Current Comets updated 2019 November 15
Current Minor Planets updated 2019 November 1
Current Novae and Supernovae updated 2019 Nov 24
Hi,

If the Current Comets list does not appear in your Current group folder, then you likely moved it to another folder inadvertently. Open the Data Manage from the button on the planer tool bar. Select the Observing Lists tab. Under Manage on the left side select each of the groups in turn, and for each, scroll through the lists until you find Current Comets. When you do, select it. On the right side, select the Current group. Press the Move >> button.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2019-11-25, 03:45 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Hi,

If the Current Comets list does not appear in your Current group folder, then you likely moved it to another folder inadvertently. Open the Data Manage from the button on the planer tool bar. Select the Observing Lists tab. Under Manage on the left side select each of the groups in turn, and for each, scroll through the lists until you find Current Comets. When you do, select it. On the right side, select the Current group. Press the Move >> button.
Bingo--I have no idea how I did that. Another question--when I generate an observing list for tonight, obvious objects, like Albireo, Epsilon Lyra (the double double), Ring Nebula, don't show up. Why is that?
Hi,

I can't answer that question without more information. Tell me how you are generating your list.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Type of List: Interesting Deep Sky
2019 Nov 25 at Richmond, Virginia Observing List, evening of 2019 Nov 25 at Richmond, Virginia
Sunset 16:53, Twilight ends 18:25, Twilight begins 05:29, Sunrise 07:01, Moon rise 06:50, Moon set 16:31
Completely dark from 18:25 to 05:29. New Moon. All times local (EST).
Listing All Classes visible above the perfect horizon after 17:34 and before 18:38.

Cls Primary ID Con Difficulty Best Difficulty Splittability
PNe Saturn Nebula Aqr detectable detectable not splittable
PNe NGC 7027 Cyg detectable detectable not splittable
PNe Blue Snowball And easy easy not splittable
PNe Blinking Planetary Cyg detectable detectable not splittable
PNe Cat's Eye Dra easy easy not splittable
If you think these objects (which are all summer objects by the way) are being filtered out in the planner, then select "Reset Filters" from the Observing List menu.

But you said you were generating this list. Exactly how are you generating your "Interesing Deep Sky" list?

BTW this should have been a new topic. Tacking on here makes it difficult for others to find and perhaps learn something from. I am trying to move it, but so far I haven't figured out how. If I do move it, you may need to look for it as a new thread in the ST3 General Discussion forum.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
I'll start this as a new topic.