Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCG5139 - Global Cluster without light pollution filter
Hello Friends - I have captured NCG5139 with my ASIAIR , refractor 500/90 without any light pollution filter 
You may like this , kindly check on my blog 

https://astrobalcony.com/deep-sky-astrop...-ngc-5139/
I'm not entirely sure this post is relevant, given that it appears to have nothing to do with SkyTools and actually promotes another product. If it didn't highlight SkySafari I'd be fine with it. I don't know where to draw the line here.

What do people think?
Clear skies,
Greg
Head Dude at Skyhound
I would say it's relevant enough:

Quote:These forums are open to all observers. Some talk of SkyTools is inevitable here, but not at all required. 

Please feel free to talk about your observing projects and share your experiences.

If you would like us to add a new forum for a topic dear to your heart, please let us know!

My 2 cents.

/Ronny
I don't have a problem with the post. It's the 1st post in this forum in almost a month & the reference to the competitor (who shall not be named) is minor, IMHO. I wish that an image was posted here rather than just a blog link, but at least it's some activity.

Phil S.
I apologize for hijacking this thread, but I guess the question is whether or not I should be trying to create a general forum like Cloudynights. When I first set the forum up that's what I had in mind. But as you note there have been very few general, non-SkyTools related posts, and if there were to be, I am not at all certain what the rules should be when it comes to other products.
Clear skies,
Greg
Head Dude at Skyhound
The biggest problem I see down the line is if someone makes inaccurate claims about another product (which happens all the time on other forums) such that it makes SkyTools look bad in comparison. I don't generally respond to those posts elsewhere unless they are telling big whoppers and people appear to believe them. I don't want to be put in the position of having to respond here every time someone misrepresents SkyTools or the capabilities of another product. I have neither the time nor the desire for that. Life is too short.
Clear skies,
Greg
Head Dude at Skyhound