Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deleted Thread?
Hello,

Does anyone know why threads (specifically: https://skyhound.com/forums/showthread.p...on=newpost ) are deleted?

I previously received an e-mail with the above link and visited it yesterday.  Today, attempting to do so displays a page saying the thread has been deleted (no explanation given).

Thanks,
Jim
I can't tell what the thread was from your link, but I did delete one post from a spammer who was probing our defenses.

Also, it may be possible for users to delete threads if they started them. The forum setting for that was less than clear (at least to me). I can assure you that I'm not deleting posts simply because I don't like what they say, if that is your concern.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2019-03-21, 08:19 PM)theskyhound Wrote: I can't tell what the thread was from your link, but I did delete one post from a spammer who was probing our defenses.

Also, it may be possible for users to delete threads if they started them. The forum setting for that was less than clear (at least to me). I can assure you that I'm not deleting posts simply because I don't like what they say, if that is your concern.

The thread link is: https://skyhound.com/forums/showthread.p...on=newpost

I carelessly used said deleted when the actual message is: The specified thread does not exist.

I was not concerned about it being deleted because of content as it was simply a question about the capability to enter multiple imaging systems (with different OTAs) not working for me.

BTW, is there a fix for this?

Thanks,
Jim

I do not understand why the link is not being shown in its entirety.  I copy/paste it from my e-mail message and it shows in my posting until I click Post Reply.  This has now happened twice.  Is there some sort of internal filter preventing the posting of hyperlinks?

Sorry for the back-and-forth on this.
Hi Jim,

I found that there was a thread number embedding in the link and it points to a thread from the 13th called "Editing OTA in imaging system modifies others" that was apparently from you.

I recall seeing that thread and I recall that it tied into another thread that about a similar problem. I don't recall what my response was or if there even was one. That was the day our power went out for 2.5 days and I lost track of a lot of things when that happened because and I wasn't able to pick things back up until Monday morning. I do not believe that I deleted it or moved it, so it is a mystery why it disappeared. I hope there isn't some sort of bug causing posts to be deleted. I will check the permissions to make sure that threads can't be deleted by just anyone.

Regarding the problem you were asking about, it is my hope that it will be fixed in the update that I am finishing up today. So please wait for the the update and see if it resolved the problem. If not, let me know and I will help get things straightened out.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2019-03-21, 08:43 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Hi Jim,

I found that there was a thread number embedding in the link and it points to a thread from the 13th called "Editing OTA in imaging system modifies others" that was apparently from you.

I recall seeing that thread and I recall that it tied into another thread that about a similar problem. I don't recall what my response was or if there even was one. That was the day our power went out for 2.5 days and I lost track of a lot of things when that happened because and I wasn't able to pick things back up until Monday morning. I do not believe that I deleted it or moved it, so it is a mystery why it disappeared. I hope there isn't some sort of bug causing posts to be deleted. I will check the permissions to make sure that threads can't be deleted by just anyone.

Regarding the problem you were asking about, it is my hope that it will be fixed in the update that I am finishing up today. So please wait for the the update and see if it resolved the problem. If not, let me know and I will help get things straightened out.

Thanks for checking.