Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scheduler during the day
Hi Gregs,

I'm glad that the Skyhound was able to fix one of the issues. Since the problem occurs with the Scheduler Night Bar while both the Target Selection and Exposure Calculator Night Bars look OK, it seems that the problem may be associated with the Imaging Project - Scheduler interaction. Target Selection and Exposure Calculator use the Imaging System but not the IP.

I've attached screen-shots of the IP that I created to test Greg J.'s IS to replicate his problem. With the IP's Imaging Quality set to 'A' this IP will not schedule on my ST4i on 2 Mar 2019. If I right-click & select the Exposure Calculator, I see the same EC results as Greg J. posted up-thread. When the IQ is reduced to 'C', the IP will schedule and the EC shows almost identical results. The FWHM increases slightly, presumably because the sky quality has dropped to 'C' from 'A'. This Imaging Project does not exhibit the high daylight IQ that's been plaguing Greg J., however. I couldn't replicate that. He might want to try it with his IS at Mesa Redonda to see what happens.

I've also enjoyed using ST4i since I upgraded from ST3 Pro in November. It's a great program, much appreciated.

Phil S.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

In an attempt to troubleshoot this problem I did a clean install of ST4i on my laptop. I do not remember if the laptop had this problem along with my primary desktop. So, I uninstalled ST4i, deleted the My Documents/Sky Tools 4 folder, and deleted the user/greg/appdata/local/skyhound folder. I then installed ST4i and updated it 4.0c.

I then created an imaging plan for M33 using the "Tak..  " imaging system at the Mesa Redonda Observatory. No problem with the Image Quality line for M33.

I added my imaging system and then created another imaging plan for M33 using that new imaging system. No problems with the Image Quality line for M33 in the Target Selection tab or the Scheduler tab.

I added my backyard location and selected my imaging system at my backyard in the Target Selection tab and we have problems. The QI line for M33 shows good during the daytime hours. But, I just noticed that the chart at the top of the screen has daylight at Midnight. It looks like the timing for day/night is all wrong. See the attached screenshots.

The first shows the Mesa Redonda location and all is good.
The seconds shows My Backyard and day/night is shifted.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Greg Jones

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Clearly there is something wrong with either your longitude or to time zone setting for this location. Common mistakes: switching the longitude and latitude. Entering the wrong direction for the longitude. For locations in the Americas this should be "W". The longitude must be a positive number. Also check the time zone.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
When I entered my longitude on the laptop in put in -96.5... And ST4i accepted that without error. I have now changed this location to "W" and all is good on my laptop with the clean install of ST4i.

I checked the My Backyard location on my desktop and it was correct. So, there is still the problem on my desktop.

I will await for the imminent update to ST4i to see if that fixes this problem.

Is there a way I can do a clean install/update to the current 4.0c (or to 4.0d when available) without loosing all my imaging projects?

Thank You,
Greg Jones
I thought about not allowing negative numbers, but there are legitimate reasons one might enter a negative longitude. People around the world have different preferences. The suggestion to make it a positive number is only to make the directions more simple. I will add more detailed information to the help page.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Regarding a clean install, I don't recommend doing that. I suggest waiting for the update instead. I know it is taking longer than I had thought it would, this time because of the storm that caused damage and power outages, but it is nearly ready.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer