Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit Imaging System Shows wrong OTA info
Hi Greg,

When I try to edit the OTA in an Imaging System that I created, and click OTA, it is showing the details of the OTA from a different entry in the list.  I don't know if this means the data stored for the imaging system is wrong, or just that the dialog that pops up contains the "wrong" information.   The pop-up seems to be showing whatever info I entered last.

Reproducing this:

1)  Create several imaging systems - here's my list:

2)  Click on the OTA for the EdgeHD - ASI1600MM Imaging System and it shows the EdgeHD 925 SCT info as expected:

3)  Edit the OTA for the Esprit 120 - ASI1600MM Imaging System to have the data for the 120mm refractor:

4)  Now select the EdgeHD - ASI1600MM Imaging System again (same one as in step 2) and click the OTA button:

it shows the Esprit 120 refractor info instead of the EdgeHD SCT:

Thanks,
Rowland
Hi Rowland,

This strikes me as a leftover problem from beta testing. When the release version came out, did you do a clean install? In other words, did you uninstall and then delete the "SkyTools 4" folder in your Documents prior to installing the release version?

If not, let me know. I am almost done with the Backup/Restore feature which we should be able to use to resolve the problem.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Hi Greg,

It's been a while but I think I did not uninstall, but just ran the installer. I don't have a ton of info there no, although I'd rather no lose the camera definitions as I had to type in quite a bit on them. Sounds like I should wait on the backup/restore before deleting everything and doing a clean install?

Thanks,
Rowland
Yes, please wait. I am trying to get it done before I leave on a trip at the end of this week, so hopefully iy will be only a few days wait. It will be a good test of its ability to fix this sort of thing. The alternative is pretty ugly. We can save your imaging systems (and all related data including the default locations for each) but you would lose your imaging projects unless I can think of a good way to resurrect them.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
OK, I'll wait! Imaging projects are not critical, was just getting into setting some up after my last batch of ACP Scheduler based ones were winding down.

Rowland