Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrong Camera Selected
Hi Greg

Dennis said:

I am experiencing a strange problem when selecting SBIG CCD Camera to OTA.

When I choose CCD “SBIG ST-2000XM w/TC237 guider” the Camera Model is set to “Artemis 285” and the “Detector ICX285AL (default)” and not the SBIG Camera that I selected.

Details:
After entering my Tak Mewlon 210 (the only entry in the list) I select “Camera” (which has a default of ZWO ASI178) and then choose “Get Camera from pool”.

In the CCD Tab I scroll down to “SBIG ST-2000XM w/TC237 guider”, I highlight it and then press “Use this Camera”.

This returns me to the “Edit Camera Data” Panel but the Camera Model is set to Artemis 285 and the Detector ICX285AL (default) and not the SBIG Camera that I selected.

I have tried this several times but encounter the same issue.

Cheers

Dennis
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Dennis,

1. Has this problem persisted? I mean, can you still replicate it?

2. Have you found a workaround?
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Hi Greg

The problem still remains, please refer to attached screen captures.

In "Step 01" I select the "Camera" Field which opens up the "Edit Camera Data" Panel in Step 02.

In this Panel (Step 02) I have tried manually deleting all data fields (defaults seem to be for Artemis 285) and also manually selected KAI-2020M in the Detector Field.
I then select "Get Camera from Pool".

In the "Predefined Camera Pool" Panel (Step 03) I scroll down to SBIG ST-2000XM w/TC237 guider", highlight it, then <Click> "Use this camera" Button

This returns me to the "Edit Camera Data" Panel in "Step 04" and as you can see, the Artemis 285 and its default values populate all the data fields. That is, the chosen SBIG Camera is not picked up even though I scrolled down, highlighted it and <clicked> Use this Camera.

Cheers

Dennis

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi Greg

I just performed an uninstall and a fresh install (Win 10 Pro) but this time I added my Location and Imaging System Details without touching any of the defaults shipped with ST4 Imaging and unfortunately, the results are still the same.

That is, even though I select the SBIG ST2000XM Camera, when I <Click> the "Use this camera" Button, the "Artemis 285" is written to the field and not the selected "ST2000XM".

Cheers

Dennis
Hello Dennis,

I managed to reproduce this problem over the weekend. I will have a fix in the first update, which I expect later this week.

Sorry for the trouble! In the meantime, try taking screenshot of the window with the correct camera information and the create a new camera from scratch and enter the values from the screenshot.

Greg
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Hi Greg

Great stuff - thanks for the reply.

No hurry at my end, as I do not have any immediate plans to use the ST2000XM.

Cheers

Dennis
(2018-09-17, 02:52 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Hello Dennis,

I managed to reproduce this problem over the weekend. I will have a fix in the first update, which I expect later this week.

Sorry for the trouble! In the meantime, try taking  screenshot of the window with the correct camera information and the create a new camera from scratch and enter the values from the screenshot.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Just for your info: I have the same problem with my old ST10XME camera so am also waiting for your update.

Attila
Hi Attila,

I have found and fixed the problem. There are two more bugs I need to fix and there will be an update. Soon! Thanks for your patience.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Thanks Greg, I just downloaded the update to 4.0b and the download and installation went smoothly.

I added the SBIG ST2000XM to my scope and it has fixed the problem - thanks!

Cheers

Dennis