Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yearly Planner?
(2018-04-28, 06:21 PM)theskyhound Wrote: After all, you can look up the best time of year for an object in a handbook. So why would you need software? The answer is that software can do much more than that. For practical reasons, in order to get the most out of it, you need to look at a single night. The purpose is always, in the end, to plan for one night at a time. There is no getting around that, no shortcut.

We each see it differently.  Why should I use a handbook when your program is so much easier.  Wink 

I have figured out a better way for me to sort the list for my desired ordering.  That is to sort on RA.  Then click on one of the objects to see when that RA value is best according to the year bar.  Then I know all other close by RA's have a similar best time period.  So I can indeed coax a sorted  range of good nights for objects out of your program.  It is useful for me.  Now I know what nights I have the best chance to see them.   I don't have to try inputting random dates to see what it says about that night hoping eventually I will find a night when it will be close to it's maximum height with no moon. Now I have narrowed down when to pick that one night to plan.  

Dale
"Random nights?" That is just plain silly and given everything I have wasted my time writing, it is downright disrespectful to imply. For goodness sakes, plan for the next available night!
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer