Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adding a telescope
Windows 10 home
Nortons internet security
Unfortunately NIS is another one of those with a record of removing files due to false positives or whatever. My recommendation is to re-install. I don't usually suggest that, but in this case it makes sense. I think some of the files in your installation of SkyTools must have become damaged or are missing completely. Once you re-install make sure you are updated to the most recent version. Then try adding another telescope (it can be any telescope). This is to regenerate the data for the charts. Hopefully that will resolve the problem.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
(2020-01-25, 06:38 AM)theskyhound Wrote: Unfortunately NIS is another one of those with a record of removing files due to false positives or whatever. My recommendation is to re-install. I don't usually suggest that, but in this case it makes sense. I think some of the files in your installation of SkyTools must have become damaged or are missing completely. Once you re-install make sure you are updated to the most recent version. Then try adding another telescope (it can be any telescope). This is to regenerate the data for the charts. Hopefully that will resolve the problem.
A couple questions before I do an the re-installation. Should I do an unistall  on the Skytools program? Also should I delete the newly added telescopes that didn't work? I have created a backup. I also have my original disks. I will use those for the re-installation. Any other warnings before I do this?
Start by:

1. Removing via add/remove programs
2. Re-installing (email me at support at skyhound.com for the download version)
3. Update to the latest version.
Clear skies,
Greg

SkyTools Developer
Thanks that fixed it.

Great support!!