Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visual Sky Simulation issue?
(2019-03-05, 04:29 PM)theskyhound Wrote: Hello,

This is a bug in the graphics driver, which started when Windows 8 came along, and it keeps coming back despite being fixed again and again. The problem found it's way into a range of drivers, apparently via shared low level code, because it affects more than one manufacturer.

For starters, you should check to see if there is newer driver available that resolves the problem.

If your driver has yet to be fixed, try different windows screen item scaling factors. Normal (100%) scaling will always work, but it is often too small on higher resolution screens. Other scale factors will sometimes work correctly too, so try them all. Note that in order for the change to take effect, you must log out and then back in again after changing the scale. Tedious, I know, but it is the best way to find a scale factor that works, yet is still large enough to read.

If all else fails, people have reported that lowering the video resolution resolves the problem because you can use the normal (100%) scale factor, yet still be able to read it.

We have a support page that may also help:

http://skyhound.com/problems3.html

SkyTools 4 users a new graphics subsystem and is unaffected.
Thank you Greg, I'll try what you suggest.
Looking forward to SkyTools 4 for Visual!
Chris

Problem fixed, thank you Greg!  Smile
Sometimes my mind wanders, other times it leaves completely...

Messages In This Thread
Visual Sky Simulation issue? - by chrisp9au - 2019-03-05, 05:08 AM
RE: Visual Sky Simulation issue? - by theskyhound - 2019-03-05, 04:29 PM
RE: Visual Sky Simulation issue? - by chrisp9au - 2019-03-05, 10:48 PM