Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does plotted object position not match crosshairs?
Hi Greg,

It was unusual. I was connected to iTelescope T07 while another user was in control. They were pointing at 'Feinstein', but at the time I didn't know what that was. I recorded the RA/Dec and went into ST4i to see if I could find 'Feinstein' too. I used a target with similar coordinates & opened the atlas & used the cursor to approximately center the coordinates. Then I refined the position by recentering as I zoomed into the atlas view. Eventually the object 'Feinstein' was indicated on the chart. I put the cursor over 'Feinstein' and recentered the chart on it, but 'Feinstein' was not centered in the crosshairs as normally occurs when I put the cursor over an object & press the 'Home' key. The plotted object 'Feinstein' was not centered in the crosshairs and the 'Trail' went through the plotted object, but not through the center of the crosshairs as it should. The same 'Object Info' was displayed when I 'right-clicked' on the plotted object or the center of the crosshairs and the cursor indicated that it was on 'Feinstein' in both positions. I made a copy of the chart & attached it to the OP so you could see what happened. I haven't run across this behavior in ST4i (or ST3 Pro) before. 

Definitely weird behavior,

Phil S.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why does plotted object position not match crosshairs? - by PMSchu - 2019-02-10, 05:35 PM