Skyhound Forums
Night Bar Difference Btw. Scheduler and Exposure Calculator - Printable Version

+- Skyhound Forums (https://skyhound.com/forums)
+-- Forum: SkyTools Support (https://skyhound.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: SkyTools 4 Support (https://skyhound.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Night Bar Difference Btw. Scheduler and Exposure Calculator (/showthread.php?tid=489)

Pages: 1 2

Night Bar Difference Btw. Scheduler and Exposure Calculator - Rowland - 2019-03-27

Hi Greg,

This is with 4.0d but I think it may be an old issue (or my persistent error!).

I was surprised that the Scheduler showed "Unable to Schedule" for M97 tonight since it transits at midnight and the moon doesn't rise until almost 3AM.

I checked the Exposure Calculator and it shows a very different night bar - more what I would expect.  I can manually create a schedule, but wonder if there is something I'm doing wrong.

Here's the Scheduler view for M97 - Unable to Schedule
[attachment=284]

And the Exposure Calculator, launched from the Scheduler:
[attachment=283]

Thanks,
Rowland

RE: Night Bar Difference Btw. Scheduler and Exposure Calculator - theskyhound - 2019-03-28

Hi Rowland,

Something seems to have gone wrong with the Scheduler calculations for the projects in this night. It looks like maybe it was interrupted while it was doing the calculations, perhaps by exiting or changing tabs before it finished. Perhaps it didn't recognize this had happened and didn't recalculate when you came back. To force a recalculation, try changing the weather (maybe click the Auto on) and let it refresh the list. Then switch it back and let it refresh again.

RE: Night Bar Difference Btw. Scheduler and Exposure Calculator - Rowland - 2019-03-28

Hi Greg,

That doesn't appear to be it. I shut down and restarted ST4, went to the Scheduler tab and let it run uninterrupted. Same result.

Thanks,
Rowland

RE: Night Bar Difference Btw. Scheduler and Exposure Calculator - theskyhound - 2019-03-28

(2019-03-28, 09:21 AM)Rowland Wrote: Hi Greg,

That doesn't appear to be it.  I shut down and restarted ST4, went to the Scheduler tab and let it run uninterrupted.  Same result.  

Thanks,
Rowland

That's not going to necessarily cause it to recalculate. Did you try what I suggested too?

RE: Night Bar Difference Btw. Scheduler and Exposure Calculator - Rowland - 2019-03-28

Yes, I clicked auto on and then off, then went to the Target Selection tab, then back to the Scheduler tab and let it reload.

Rowland

RE: Night Bar Difference Btw. Scheduler and Exposure Calculator - theskyhound - 2019-03-29

The reason I suspect that the data has not been calculated correctly for the projects on the left side of the dialog is that it shows an exposure window from 12 AM to 12 AM for M97. While it looks lie M97 may be just barely circumpolar for your location, this doesn't make sense. There should be a valid time period listed. Also, the Nightbar for M97 is not showing it above the horizon at all.

Try changing the date. Do you get a valid time period and altitude line for M97?

Also, it looks like you have an obstructed horizon. Try turning that off (you can disable it in your location settings). Does that fix the problem?

RE: Night Bar Difference Btw. Scheduler and Exposure Calculator - Rowland - 2019-03-29

Hi Greg,

The nightbar normally shows it above the horizon - I sized the window smaller to shrink the screenshot and I just noticed that when you resize the window, the altitude line is not redrawn on the nightbar.  Here's what the screenshot looks like when you don't resize the window, or when you select away from M97 and then re-select it:
[attachment=288]

I disabled the obstructed horizon and got the same result.

Thanks,
Rowland

RE: Night Bar Difference Btw. Scheduler and Exposure Calculator - theskyhound - 2019-03-29

Are you certain is was disabled for this location? On the Nightbar the altitude lines are shaded darker when the object is below the obstructed horizon. I am still seeing this in your attached screen capture.

If it is indeed disabled, it may be that the change didn't propagate to the location in use on the Scheduler. Try switching locations and the switching back, of of this is a fixed location, switch imaging systems and then switch back.

RE: Night Bar Difference Btw. Scheduler and Exposure Calculator - Rowland - 2019-03-29

It is disabled - here's the screen shot:

[attachment=289]

It is a fixed location, so I tried switching imaging systems to one in Chile and then back.  No difference.

I also tried changing the location to not be fixed so I could switch the location away and then back, still no difference.

Your observation about the target availability being 12:00a - 12:00a is a good one, yet odd that the altitude bar is showing.  

Thanks,
Rowland

Obviously somethings not working right. The location data is supposed to be completely updated after a change like this.

Try going to the Target Selection Tool and then back to the Scheduler.

If that doesn't work, try opening the Imaging Project and assigning a different location. Close the dialog. Open it again, and select the original location.